Summer brings a little warm weather, even in Eugene/Springfield Oregon.
Here are a few tips I picked up camping with the scouts in Texas about surviving and even enjoying the summer heat.
1. Go early and leave early. Even 90 degree days are cool in the morning.
2. Hug the shade. Trees are the greatest natural AC.
3. Wear hat and clothes that cover and protect. Everyone gets an A. I have seen good hats and long sleve shirts on everyone.
4. Sip water all day. We can get dehydrated before we get thirsty.
5. Wet your clothes. This really feels good.
6. Don't go out painting alone. Take a friend or paint with us. Your friend can notice your flushed cheeks before you will.
7. Use sunscreen. You can get burned, even in Oregon.
8. If you feel bad, quit painting and call it a day. Don't take chances.
See you early this month and next (July and August).