- 6 June, Wednesday, Downtown Eugene, East Brodway between Oak and Pearl. Rod suggested this shady street scene with outside diners and views of old buildings like the Eugene Hotel. Also Sarkis' paintings will be at LaFollete around the corner.
- 10 June, Sunday, University of Oregon. Sunday parking is free. Lots of park like areas. I suggest the open area between Lillis/Deady Hall/Robinson Theater and McKenzie Hall. http://map.uoregon.edu/ is an interactive map of the campus. This is close to UO Bookstore.
- 13 June, Wednesday, Dorris Ranch, Springfield. From Franklin Blvd. cross springfield bridge and turn right on South 2nd (first light I believe) a mile or two directly into the park. I have to confirm this date with Dorris Ranch because they are building a "new" log cabin the weekend before. http://www.willamalane.org/1_parks/parkhighlights/dorris.htm
- 16 June, Saturday, West D St. Greenway, Springfield. West on D street then south on Aspen. This deadends into the hike and bike trail with a small parking area. We can walk east or west along the trail for good river and woodland views. There is no water or restrooms. The closest facilities are Willamalane Center and Island Park four blocks back down D Street.
- 20 June, Wednesday, I am looking for suggestions for this date. I will be in Val Persoon's workshop at Emerald Art. So where would you like to paint?
- 23 June, Saturday, canoe pond trail at Alton Baker Park. North across the Ferry St. Bridge bearing right and first right to Alton Baker Park. First parking lot has restroom next to it. From here follow the trail along the creek along the pond where they rent canoes. This trail along the creek has numerous trees and views. This trail ends at the Cuthbert outdoor theater.
- 27 June, Wednesday, Sweet Cheeks Winery, 26961 Brigs Hill Rd. Directions from their web site "Take West 11th or West 18th out to Bertelsen Rd. Turn Left. Continue on Bertelsen to crossroads with Spencer Creek. Turn right on Spencer Creek Rd and continue for about 2 miles. Turn left on Briggs Hill Rd. The winery entrance will appear on the Right in about 3.5 miles." Once on Bertlesen Rd. there are green winery signs at every intersection. I call and they are open from 12 to 6pm on wednesday and would love to have us. http://www.sweetcheekswinery.com/
- 29 June, Friday, another winery....I will call LaVelle and check on the hours http://www.lavelle-vineyards.com/ 89697 Sheffler Rd. Their directions are:"Take Highway 126 West out of Eugene and into Veneta. Take a right on Territorial and continue straight into Elmira. Take a left onto Warthen Road. Continue straight for approximately two miles, then turn right onto Sheffler Road. Follow signs and turn right into the property."
June 2007 Schedule
Suggested places to paint outside in June 2007.